Addiction Recovery Groups
When you’re addicted, instead of using good, healthy coping skills to release emotional tension and manage uncomfortable situations such as exercise, clear communication and self-education, you turn to substances or behaviors that when indulged in consistently break down your body, your mind, your relationships and your life.
On the surface, the behaviors or substances addicts use may seem harmless such as food or video games. But for an addict, even these activities interrupt the normal function of life. They feel a constantly drawn to them, as if they need them. They fight the consistent urge to indulge in them. And when they get started they have a much harder time stopping than others do.
Addiction, at its root, represents the wrong way of handling life’s problems. Addicts have unhealthy mental, emotional and spiritual habits which causes them to “act out” in destructive ways. These are sometimes learned in childhood and often the addict is completely unaware of what they are doing that is causing them to be addicted. That is why they so often feel helpless and its also why the help they seek is often ineffective. Unfortunately, many well-meaning individuals and professionals also don’t truly the root of the addicts troubles.
How do you know if you’re addicted?
If you or someone you love is experiencing most or all of the following symptoms, addiction is present:
- Turn consistently to the same behaviors or substances to release emotional tension
- Know the behavior or substance is bad for them but continue using it
- Can’t stop the behavior or usage even when people closest to them request it or threaten them
- Behavior or usage interferes with normal daily functioning – gets in the way of family or work time, etc.
- It has become clear that willpower can’t stop it
- Are ashamed of the behavior or usage
- Try to hide indulgences or “acting out”
- Lie about acting out, even to those closest them
Are you or someone you know struggling with an addiction?
Even if you’ve tried to battle the addiction – with self-help books, affirmations, accountability, support groups or even therapy – don’t be discouraged! There is HOPE! If you’ve watched Blaine’s Journey to Freedom from addiction, you know that we understand exactly what you’re going through! For decades we tried everything we could think of too! When nothing seemed to work, we became convinced there was no answer. But when Blaine turned to God with his whole heart, he was led to the answers – PRINCIPLES OF ADDICTION RECOVERY!
As Blaine worked through his own recovery process and then began helping other addicts, not surprisingly, he came to see that these principles make freedom from temptation and permanent sobriety a reality! When you live them, you are free! That’s why we KNOW that whether you are an addict or you are suffering under the burden and pain of an addicted loved one – help, support and complete recovery are possible!
He has also learned that the principles of Addiction Recovery are the same regardless of the addiction. So whether alcohol or sleeping pills or food or pornography are the issue, obedience to these principles will release you from the struggle and create peace in your life.
How the Groups Work
In order to help you learn and live these principles, we have created Addiction Recovery Groups! These groups are run by Blaine Rindlisbacher, a Marriage and Family Therapist and recovered addict.
- Discussion and application of the 12 Steps
- Training and role-playing in the 4 Triggers
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy elements
- Sponsorship through the Steps
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy elements
- Adlerian Therapy elements
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy elements
Benefits of the group environment:
- Support of your peers
- Insights from others
- Participation in others’ growth
- Group accountability
- Groups meet ONLINE
- Cost is $200 per month to attend one group per week, 4 per month- Multiple group times are available to fit your schedule
- Arrangements can be made to attend more groups per week if necessary, for an additional cost
Attend an Addiction Recovery Group for Free!
Interested in letting this group change your life?
CONTACT US to find out how to join these groups and attend your first meeting for FREE!