- Have serious problems in your marriage that you can’t seem to solve?
- Feel like you have tried everything and your marriage isn’t improving?
- Desperately want your marriage to last but you know you can’t go on with things as they are?
If you want permanent solutions to your marriage problems then Marriage Coaching is for you!
Unfortunately, what should be our most rewarding, enriching relationship sometimes becomes a great source of pain and struggle. Why does this happen? In rare cases the trouble is truly irreparable, but most of the time we simply don’t have the knowledge and tools we need to build the marriage that we want.
Honestly, how many of us saw happy, thriving marriages in our homes and neighborhoods? How many of us were taught the principles and skills we would need to create a lasting relationship? Usually we weren’t and that’s why our marriages flounder! Not because our spouse is a jerk or because we can’t seem to get our act together.
We don’t have happy marriages because WE DON’T KNOW HOW!
Think about that. Falling in love is wonderful but it’s very different from building a life with someone. Marriage is so complex and sometimes overwhelming. How will you create a thriving, fulfilling relationship if you’ve never learned how?
That’s where Marriage Coaching comes in! If you’re like so many of us that feel exhausted and confused about how to repair the problems you face in your marriage, you need someone to hold your hand, give you support, encourage and motivation. Most of all, you need someone to walk you through the principles and show you how to live them in a way that will heal your relationship permanently!
- Results-driven to give you the best solutions in the shortest time possible
- Focused on the husband-wife relationship, rather than the therapist-client relationship
- Teaches principles and their ability to create permanent solutions
- Utilizes detailed assessments and interviews to hone in on your most troubled areas quickly
- Takes advantage of your strengths and talents to enhance your relationship and increase your love
- Enables you to clarify and communicate clearly your goals and expectations for your marriage
- Empowers you to apply the principles to your unique circumstances
- Walks you through the necessary steps for building the marriage you want
- Gives you the tools to repair your marital problems in the future
“I can’t believe how I feel! My husband has been transformed! I have the man back that I married! Thank you, thank you. I can’t believe how your coaching has changed my life!” ~Brandi Strong
MARRIAGE COACHING INCLUDES:
Complete access to the 3 Steps Online Coaching Course:
- 20+ Video Lessons to teach you the principles
- Dozens of marriage activities to help you put those principles into action
- High quality readings by leading experts on key aspects of the marriage relationship
- Audio downloads of all lessons
- Course Outlines; Dig Deeper Sections; Additional Reading Suggestions and More
One on one Marriage Coaching Sessions with a Marriage and Family Therapist:
- Comprehensive Marriage Evaluation for targeted problem-solving in your marriage
- Personalized Action Plan for moving your marriage forward quickly
- Individualized, focused attention on your marriage’s ‘hot spots’ with practical, effective answers
- Regular accountability to keep you on track
- The best methods and strategies for healing marriages from both the therapy and coaching approaches
When it became clear that his marriage was on the brink of divorce, Blaine Rindlisbacher, MFT immediately picked up the phone and called a marriage therapist. After months of lengthy travel, thousands of dollars spent and very little progress made, he finally decided to quit marriage therapy and try to figure out the answers on his own. With their new commitment to each other and their marriage, Blaine and his wife Audrey spent the next 15 years looking for what makes marriages work. Eventually he realized that principles were the answer and discovered “The 12 Principles of Happy Marriages.” Determined to heal as many marriages as humanly possible, he spent 5 years studying for a Marriage and Family Therapy degree from Liberty University and put the 12 Principles to action in his 3 Steps Online Coaching Course and Marriage Coaching offered here at Adore Your Spouse. Having saved his own and many other marriages through the principles, he KNOWS they have the power to make your marriage a happy one too!
“We didn’t know if coaching would be worth it but can honestly say that this is some of the best money we’ve ever spent!” ~Elwood & Wendy Porter
Frequently Asked Questions:
Perhaps the main reason is because we work with clients from all over the world and we are not licensed in those areas. Another major reason is that after dozens of years of research and practice, some of the top Marriage Therapists* in the world are concluding that traditional marriage therapy is ineffective at best (some even claim that therapy is detrimental to a marriage). With success rates around 18%, you just can’t depend on marriage counseling to provide valuable, long-term solutions to your marital problems.
Here’s why– Marriage therapy focuses heavily on traditional counseling methods such as: the client-therapist relationship; active and reflective listening; a non-judgmental and non-advice giving environment. It also utilizes the same tool set as counseling which includes: emphasizing good communication; suggesting the importance of patience; helping couple’s talk through their problems in the hope of resolution; and long-term dependence on therapy. While these methods can be helpful to individuals, in most cases they don’t even begin to address the deepest struggles and needs of a marriage. That’s why marriage therapy almost always fails. That’s where coaching is so different. In almost every critical way, coaching approaches marriage in the opposite way of therapy.
- Coaching online or by phone. This is much more efficient for you and your coach and gives you immense freedom and flexibility. Not only will you be able to work with a marriage coach from anywhere in the world- without needing to live close- you will have a much greater ability to schedule times at your convenience and avoid the hassle of travel. You can also choose between the live interaction afforded by a video chat or the flexibility of coaching on the phone.
- Attention to your specific problems. While our 3 Steps to a Happy Marriage Online Course can work wonders in your marriage, it is built for anyone and everyone to enhance and improve their relationship. With Marriage Coaching we go straight to the issues that are causing the greatest trouble in your marriage and create solutions immediately. This way, you see results quickly and your current pain or struggle is alleviated as fast as possible.
- Work with the coach individually or as a couple. Sometimes one spouse wants to work toward a happier marriage but the other isn’t interested. Or, in some cases, the coach can see that one or the other spouse needs to work intensively on a specific principle. Whatever the circumstances, coaching will be tailored to your specific situation and you can meet with your coach in a way which will most quickly and permanently create solutions in your marriage.
- Regular accountability always produces results. Studies prove that even when people want to make positive change in their lives, they usually struggle to do so. For example, they report that if you just hear an idea you like, there’s only a 10% chance that you will follow through and adopt it in your life. If you decide to adopt a new idea and make a plan of how you will do it, the probability of making the change goes up to 50%. BUT look at what happens you get a coach involved: One study reported, “If you have a specific future appointment with a person you committed to, at which time you will report to him whether you have kept your commitment,” you have a 95% chance of following through and enjoying the positive results in your life that you wanted. So by hiring a Marriage Coach, you are virtually guaranteeing a happier marriage!
Marriage Coaching can feel like a big commitment- you’ll be spending more money than traditional marriage therapy and taking time out of your busy life to meet with your coach and complete the activities.
So the big question is: What is a happy marriage worth to you? That’s a question only you can answer. But if you don’t have the marriage you want and you are willing to spend some time, money and effort learning the principles and skills that will empower you to create a thriving, enriching, lasting marriage, then yes, Marriage Coaching is definitely for you.
That said, if you’re still wondering if Marriage Coaching is right for you, then consider the following list of questions. If you can answer YES to any of the following, you should contact us immediately for a FREE Marriage Coaching Call and Evaluation:
- Have you or your spouse thought about divorce in the last year?
- Are you and your spouse “leading separate lives?”
- Is there deep resentment in your marriage?
- Do you or your spouse wonder how much longer things can go on as they are?
- Has there been a major betrayal such as an affair, addiction or other major trust issue?
- Do you fight regularly?
MOST IMPORTANTLY, ask yourself: If you don’t take action now, how will your marriage look in one year?
If you’re like most of the couples we work with, if you don’t take definitive action to make things better, they will almost certainly get worse. Make sure that you don’t wait any longer to save and heal your marriage!
No problem – you can make great strides in your marriage without your spouse’s involvement! This may sound crazy for us to say but it’s really true. Because you are most likely unfamiliar with the 12 Principles and how to live them in your marriage, there is so much you can do to improve your marriage even if your spouse isn’t yet interested in pursuing solutions with you. We know this for a few important reasons:
- Principles always work. Just as in every other area of human life, principles are either working for us or against us.Every time we learn and live a principle we see increased wholeness and happiness in our lives. Perhaps up to this point in your relationship you’ve been unaware of the marriage principles but now it can all be different. As you increase your knowledge under the guidance and with the accountability of a Marriage Coach, you too will see the miraculous healing that principles bring.
- You can work on you. There is so much you can do to improve yourself – we all can! And as you work on you, you are the greatest beneficiary. Your self-confidence rises, your patience increases and you experience great inner peace. When this happens, you find that you have more to give and through giving more, you receive more in return. You truly love yourself and it becomes easier and easier to love your spouse.
- You can change the status quo. As you love yourself and your spouse to a greater degree, the status quo begins to change. Your spouse can see that you are different, that you respond to them differently and they in return are forced to be different too. In this way you help your spouse to see the benefits of working on the marriage – their desire for a better relationship with you will increase and your marriage will begin to move forward.
- We’ve seen it work with other couples. Plenty of individuals just like you have come to us wanting to improve their marriages without a supportive spouse. And they did it! As they worked on themselves, living principles and changing the status quo, their spouse began to recognize the change, felt increased love and attraction to them and eventually got on board, working actively for a thriving marriage.
Our coaching programs are $150 per session with a 3 month commitment required. Plus, our coaching program included the 3 Steps to a Happy Marriage course which you can keep for life when you have finished the program.
With that said, In the end, NO COST in time or money is too great to spend on the most important relationship in your life!
You deserve a happy marriage – NOW is the time to get one!
*See The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, Ph. D; Save the Marriage by Lee H. Baucom, Ph.D; Feeling Good Together, David D. Burns, M.D.